Location: Emeryville, California
The Structural Engineering Group splits its focus between current designs, for specific site conditions, and R&D to optimize the performance, fabrication and ultimately the cost of the WindFloats in future projects working toward commercialization of the WindFloat.
- Design tasks for current projects including preliminary sizing of steel structures, strength, buckling and fatigue analysis and detailing of the structures;
- Interface with drafters to produce packages of drawings for certification and fabrication;
- Follow closely the fabrication planning and execution phases to provide support as necessary.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Master of science in a relevant field of engineering (ocean engineering, naval architecture, mechanical engineering, civil/structural engineering, material science, etc.)
- Firm knowledge of ABS FOWTI/FPI/MODU, BV ROU, DNV OS and/or API RP2A;
- Strong technical and data analysis skills;
- Systematic and detailed oriented;
- Good communication skills both written and oral;
- Self-driven and motivated;
- Ability to work independently;
- Proven experience of work in multidisciplinary, collaborative and worldwide team context;
The preferred candidate will have:
- Proficiency in two or more programing languages
- Experience in drafting and modeling tools (AutoCAD, Solidworks, Rhino)
- Less than two (2) of professional experience in ship, offshore structure or wind turbine tower structure FEED/detailed/construction design
- Experience in using commercial FEA software such as ANSYS or equivalent;
Please provide resume and motivational cover letter, as well as references.
Global Human Resource Lead