Position Type: Full-time
Location: U.S. and/or France
Education Required: Master’s Degree preferred
Position Start: ASAP
The Project Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the start-up, execution and close out of Engineering activities for one or more assigned WindFloat projects and for ensuring the execution of each Engineering scope is performed and deliverables issued in compliance with the contract, on budget, on schedule, to the level of detail and accuracy required by the Customer and including all relevant project-specific requirements.
The Project Engineering Manager may also be called upon to provide overall project and engineering management for studies and early-phase WindFloat project engagements.
WindFloat Projects are executed in a matrix organization within Principe Power; utilizing a centralized Engineering function, under the direction of the VP Engineering, which supports each project as an “internal customer”. The Project Engineering Manager provides the main communication channel between assigned Engineers and the Project and is directly responsible for managing all Engineering related project-specific customer and 3rd party interfaces into the centralized Engineering function.
The Project Engineering Manager has a key role in representing Principle Power as the primary contact regarding all technical matters in Customer meetings.
The Project Engineering Manager reports to the Project Manager for all day to day activities and to the Chief Operating Officer on a functional basis.
- Internal: Project Manager, Engineering Managers and Engineers allocated to the project
- External: Customer, Certifying / Verification Bodies, Fabricators, Installation Contractors, Engineering Subcontractors and Equipment Vendors.
- Manage all engineering activities associated with the successful completion of the project from start-up to close-out, in accordance with the project plan, project technical requirements and contract;
- Manage any required 3rd party Engineering Subcontractors;
- Drive engineering decisions or decision making process to comply with project’s requirements;
- Review and approve/ reject deliverables to comply with project’s requirements;
- Manage engineering change in accordance with the Project and Engineering group procedures;
- From time-to-time, provide project engineering management support during the development of project proposals;
- Provide front-line technical representation of the Project towards the Customer and all interfacing external parties, representing the engineering disciplines, managing technical expectations and understanding and communicating technical requirements;
- Provide day-to-day direction and management of Engineering staff during their assignment to the Project
- Schedule and manage all project technical and engineering operational reviews through all project phases (Design Reviews, HAZID/HAZOPs, Lessons Learned, etc.)
- Provide support and/or directly develop and manage technical project documentation, such as Design Basis, Interface Register, Risk Register, Technical Queries, etc.
- Coordinate internal communications with respect to project execution within the engineering teams at US and European locations
- Develop and manage project allocated resources, engineering schedule and delivery dates for engineering teams in cooperation with the VP Engineering, ensuring resource allocation is adequate for timely project delivery
- Issue and adapt processes and procedures in order to foster high quality deliverables at the interfaces between the Project Management and the Engineering Group;
Required Education: Master’s degree in Engineering or related field; PMO certified preferred;
Required Professional Experience: minimum 5 years of directly applicable professional experience; 10 years or more would be an advantage
- In depth experience of offshore floating platform engineering and delivery for the wind energy and/or oil and gas industry in a variety of positions of increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated successful experience in project engineering or project management, preferably prior experience with management of clients in the offshore wind or oil and gas industry
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Fluent in English; proficiency in French and Portuguese would be an advantage
- Authorization to work in the U.S and/or France
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English;
- Creative approach to problem solving;
- Systematic and detail-oriented approach to deliver high-quality outputs both within defined schedules and with short notice;
- Process and results oriented with high degree of operational autonomy and responsibility for projects;
- Customer-minded and collaborative, with strong interpersonal, negotiation, and leadership skills;
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment and willing to travel abroad to support responsibilities, potentially for extended durations (up to 1 year);
- Ability to obtain certification for work at height, work in confined spaces and work at sea;
- Willingness to bridge the time gap between US and Europe
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com