- Position Type: Permanent
- Location: Emeryville, California
- Reports to: Lead Engineer, Marine Systems Engineering
- Seniority Level: 3+ Years experience
- Functions: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Drafting & Modeling
- Industry: Renewables & Environment
- Travel: Occasional travel to Principle Power office locations in the US, Portugal, France and other locations as well as to shipyard and commissioning sites in Europe and elsewhere.
Bachelor of Science, or equivalent degree in electrical engineering, ocean engineering or related disciplines. Prior experience in marine industries (ship design, offshore energy) or industrial design will be considered as an advantage.
With several ongoing offshore floating wind projects in progress, the candidate will design electrical and control systems in the WindFloat platforms. The chosen candidate will work alongside a team of inter-disciplinary engineers and drafters. Work will focus on electrical and control systems used to power and control the platforms ballast systems, lighting systems, ventilation systems, etc. The selected candidate will also assist with fabrication yard support.
- Authoring of requirements and functional specifications.
- Development of Engineering Analysis Reports (Electrical Load Studies, Cable Sizing, Short Circuit Analysis, etc).
- Drafting of 2D Engineering Drawing Sets for Electrical & Instrumentation Systems (Single Line Diagrams, P&ID’s).
- 3D modeling of electrical systems including panels, panel supports, and cable trays.
- Writing of Equipment Specifications, Datasheets, Material Requisitions, and Technical Bid Evaluations.
- Contributing to Operating and Maintenance manuals.
- Assisting with various fabrication deliverables such as BOMs, Technical Queries, etc.
- Interfacing with engineers from other company disciplines (Structural, Hydrodynamic, Installation, Mooring) to ensure project requirements are met.
- Supporting work in shipyards and offshore globally (less than 10-20% travel).
Requirements & Preferred Experience
- 3+ years of experience designing low voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Working knowledge of basic electrical academic principles.
- Electrical panel and control panel design experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Electrical industry standards: ABS, DNVGL, IEC, ISO, ASTM, IEEE, etc.
- Proficient in 2D Drafting programs such as AutoCAD® preferred.
- Experience in 3D modeling programs such as Solidworks® is advantageous.
- Proficient with Microsoft tools, namely Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the offshore wind, offshore oil & gas, or maritime industry.
- English proficiency is mandatory both written and spoken.
- Autonomous, systematic, and detail oriented.
- Team player and ability to work well with international interfaces.
- Authorization to work in the United States for any employer.
Please provide resume, cover letter, and references to:
US People’s Business Partner