Position Type: Full-time regular employee
Location: Aix-en-Provence, France or Lisbon, Portugal
Seniority Level: 3-5 years of experience in oil and gas or offshore wind industry with focus on installation.
Report To: Installation Lead Engineer
Education Required: Master’s degree in Ocean Engineering or science in a marine hydrodynamics engineering related field.
Job Description: Working within the installation team, the selected candidate will take part in the development and follow-up activities for quayside, nearshore and offshore operations for WindFloat projects such as load-out, transport, towing, ballasting, turbine integration and installation of mooring and cable systems.
Develop WindFloat installation methodology through:
- Definition of technical constraints and required inputs,
- Validation against industry standards and recommended practices,
- Drafting and modeling tools,
- Production of method statements and specifications.
Technical interface to internal parties:
- Other design groups mainly,
- O&M team,
- Other groups requesting technical input.
Write technical documentation to external parties:
- Other relevant entities.
Provide technical advice to client:
- Answer technical queries related to quayside and offshore installation operations,
- Analyze tender responses to client’s call,
- Follow-up development of procedures from other contractors,
- Witness and report quayside and offshore operations.
- Collect return of experience and work on technical improvements for next projects.
- Keep up to date with state of the art.
- Interest for renewables and offshore projects,
- Strong analytic skills, yet with a strategic vision and approach on subjects,
- Meticulous and persistent,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and modelling tools (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Rhino),
- Good reporting skills, both oral and written,
- Excellent level in English (mandatory),
- Comfortable working in multicultural, complex and volatile environments,
- Strong interpersonal skills,
- Able to work independently,
- Team player,
- Up-to-date offshore trainings (GWO or BOSIET).
- Available to travel in the country and abroad.
Please send your applications with cover letter to:
Principle Power – Installations Area