● Position: Marine Systems Engineer / Designer
● Position Type: Full-time regular employee
● Location: Emeryville, California
● Seniority Level: 3+ Years of Experience
● Functions: Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Requirements Management, 3D Design
● Industry: Renewables & Environment
Bachelors of Science, or equivalent degree in mechanical engineering, structural engineering, naval architecture, ocean engineering or equivalent. Master of Science would be an advantage.
Working within the Marine Systems Engineering and Design Group in Emeryville, CA this position’s main responsibilities consist of performing engineering and 3D modeling tasks related to the design of the marine systems, and particularly the secondary structure, of WindFloat platforms. The chosen candidate will work alongside a team of inter-disciplinary engineers and modelers / drafters. Work will focus on mechanical and structural design including requirements management.
● Gathering, interpreting and managing technical requirements.
● Developing 3D designs using Solidworks and producing 2D drawings from solid models.
● Writing of Equipment Specifications, Datasheets, Material Requisitions, and Technical Bid Evaluations.
● Preparing various fabrication deliverables such as MTO’s, Technical Queries, etc
● Interfacing with engineers from other company disciplines (Structural, Hydrodynamic , Mooring, Fabrication and Installation) to ensure project requirements are met.
● Experience working in a project environment and managing requirements.
● Proficient in 3D design software: 1 year of Solidworks experience preferred but extensive experience with other tools may be substituted.
● Knowledge of the offshore wind, offshore oil & gas, or maritime industry preferred. Operational ship/offshore experience is a plus.
● Proficient with Microsoft tools, namely Word and Excel.
● English proficiency is mandatory both written and spoken. Additional language skills will be considered an advantage, particularly French, Portuguese and Japanese.
● Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-timezone environment would be beneficial
● Strong interpersonal skills.
● Autonomous, systematic, and detail oriented.
● Meticulous and persistent.
● Team player and ability to work well with international interfaces.
Please provide resume, cover letter and references.
US People Business Partner