● Position: Senior Designer
● Position Type: Full-time regular employee
● Location: Emeryville, California
● Seniority Level: 7+ Years of Experience
● Functions: 3D Design (Primarily Structural), 2D Drafting
● Industry: Renewables & Environment
Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline advantageous but not required.
This position’s main responsibilities consist of performing and supervising 3D modeling and 2D drafting tasks related to the design of the WindFloat platforms. The chosen candidate will work alongside and provide design and drafting leadership within a team of inter-disciplinary engineers and drafters.
● Providing design and drafting leadership.
● Developing 3D designs using Solidworks and producing 2D drawings from solid models.
● Producing 2D mechanical and schematic drawings using AutoCAD.
● Developing and implementing design and drafting standards and processes.
● Providing leadership, mentoring and training to other designers and drafters.
Requirements & Preferred Experience
● Expertise in 3D design software: 3+ years of Solidworks experience preferred but extensive experience with other tools may be substituted.
● Expertise in 2D drafting. AutoCAD experience preferred.
● Experience with administration of drawing / model vaults.
● English proficiency is mandatory both written and spoken. Additional language skills will be considered an advantage, particularly French, Portuguese and Japanese.
● Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
● Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-timezone environment would be beneficial.
● Autonomous, systematic, and detail oriented.
● Experience in the Naval Architectural / Offshore Engineering industry would be considered beneficial.
Please provide resume, cover letter, and references to:
US People Business Partner