● Position: Senior Industrial Control Systems Engineer
● Position Type: Permanent
● Reports to: Lead Engineer, Marine Systems Engineering or VP Engineering (Depending on seniority)
● Location: Emeryville, California or Aix-en-Provence, France. Remote work may be considered for strong candidates.
● Seniority Level: 7+ Years of experience
● Functions: Industrial Control Software and Hardware Engineering
● Industry: Renewables & Environment
● Travel: Periodic and potentially extended travel between Principle Power office locations in the US, Portugal and France as well as to shipyard and commissioning sites in Spain, Scotland, France and other locations will be required. Particularly strong candidates who are unable to travel extensively will be considered. Please indicate any travel restrictions in your cover letter.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent preferred. Professional experience in lieu of education may be considered.
Additional qualifications in Engineering or Naval Architecture will be considered as an advantage.
With several ongoing offshore floating wind projects in progress, the candidate will design, program, commission and troubleshoot WindFloat active ballast control systems. This position requires control software development experience, electrical and electronic troubleshooting skills and the ability to produce project documentation. Leadership opportunities exist for highly qualified candidates.
· Work with a team of multi-discipline engineers to design, specify, write, review, test and deploy PLC software.
· Develop and document control system architectures.
· Assist in development of work processes.
· Develop SCADA software and systems.
· Produce specifications and test documents.
Requirements & Preferred Experience
· 7+ years of relevant experience as a control system engineer.
· Strong experience working in accordance with structured engineering processes.
· Focus on delivering highly reliable and well documented systems.
· Experience writing PLC software development.
· Experience developing HMI / SCADA systems.
· Strong simulation, testing and commissioning experience.
· Electrical engineering experience, particularly as relates to instrumentation, is preferred.
· Experience with some or all of the following is preferred: Beckhoff PLCs, Siemens PLCs, communication buses such as Modbus, network configuration and troubleshooting, control panel design and test, database development and programming for the Windows environment.
· Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-timezone environment would be beneficial.
· Fluent English both written and spoken. Additional language skills will be considered an advantage, particularly French, Portuguese and Japanese.
· Experience managing personnel and projects is beneficial.
· Experience in the Naval Architectural / Offshore Engineering industry would be considered beneficial.
Please provide resume, cover letter, and references to:
US People Business Partner